With the start of the new year well underway and everyone back to work the time of the year for planning, resolutions and getting everything ship shape for the coming year is upon us. We thought we would send through our top five quick and easy tips to promote your business this year to get things off to a flying start
1. Maximise your resources. Before you go out and buy lists or start complex data collection look at any existing resources you have – think email lists, phone numbers, referrals or existing website users. Think creatively (or get someone to think creatively for you) about how you can utilise these contacts in a cost effective way -which leads us to…
2. Get most bang for buck. E-newsletters (like this one) are a great way to keep in touch with your customers without the effort needed by other digital marketing methods and are much cheaper than conventional mailing, think about cost vs results across all of your marketing efforts.
3. Show your products and services in the best light. The death of print has been definitely been overstated- in a digital world a well designed printed brochure can give you the edge over your competitors and make your products and services seem much more special.
4. Get with the times. Try out some social media. What’s not to love about social media and digital marketing? Low cost and easy to use- if you carefully manage your time and develop a social media plan you will really start to see results.
5. Refresh your website. Remember that website you had designed in 2002? It is looking dated and in desperate need of an update. Your website is the primary research tool for anyone wanting to find out more about your business, Make sure it is current, looks fresh and communicates the key information your customers are looking for.